Help us shape the future. Elevate is changing the way legal support services are delivered and we are looking for creative, innovative people who can help. If you are a client-focused professional who wants your ideas to make a difference, Elevate's team of highly regarded legal service experts could be the right fit for you.
Elevate is a next generation global legal service provider that ranked 53rd on the Inc. 5000 in 2016, a prestigious annual ranking of the fastest growing private companies. We help law firms and corporate legal departments with practical ways to improve efficiency, quality and outcomes.
At Elevate we live our core values:
We deliver - We are careful about the commitments we make to our customers and to each other. We do what we say we will.
We Innovate - We celebrate creativity. We challenge the status quo and continuously ask of ourselves, and each other how can we improve.
We care - We listen to our customers’ needs and help them solve their business problems. Our work is a positive influence on our personal lives and the lives of our families.
On behalf of a Global Equipment Company, we are looking for an experienced Corporate Counsel to join the legal department and to provide legal counsel and advice to business units on moderately complex to complex legal matters in a wide variety of practice areas.
Specifically you will:
- Provide legal counsel and perform analysis and research across the organization on various issues, policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with outside legal counsel and supervises the work performed.
- Develop strong partnerships with all business units and functions across the organization on routine legal matters providing effective legal support.
- Perform advanced analysis, and develop as well as implement company policies and procedures, including training, and ensures periodic monitoring.
- Write reports, opinions, correspondence and other legal documents related to processes, policies, procedures, and contracting.
- Analyze and research statutes, regulations and legal issues to ensure required regulatory and legal requirements are followed.
- Identify and prioritize key risks for the organization in compliance areas across business units and functions.
- Partner across the organization to implement appropriate policies and compliance training.
- Collaborate with internal audit to implement appropriate monitoring in partnership with external legal counsel for international businesses.
- Support the risk committee.
- Conduct internal investigations as necessary.
- Provide regular reports to executive management.
- Assist in ensuring the organization maintains ongoing regulatory compliance with applicable federal and state laws, rules and regulations.
Skills for Success:
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with senior-level executives.
- Experience with complex legal issues.
- Effective team working skills.
You might be the right person if you:
- Are a self-starter who learns quickly and enjoys practicing in a wide variety of areas of law.
- Have legal experience working for an Am Law 200 or regional law firm.
- Have the ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Have first class organizational skills and can manage your time effectively.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as a practicing attorney.
- Minimum of 2 years providing corporate legal counsel within a manufacturing or financial services environment.
- Minimum of 3 years in private practice at a regional or national level law firm.
- JD from an accredited law school.
- Law review/law journal experience a plus.
- Licensed and in good standing in at least one state.