Help us shape the future. Elevate is changing the way legal support services are delivered and we are looking for creative, innovative people who can help. If you are a Qualified Solicitor in England and Wales with a solid financial services background who would like your creative and innovative ideas to make a difference, Elevate's team of legal service experts could be the right fit for you.
Our Elevated Lawyers™ service offers talented lawyers an opportunity to work in-house as part of our client’s legal team without compromising their career development, work satisfaction or remuneration.
On behalf of a top tier Multinational Bank, we are building a dedicated in-house legal team to deliver first class legal support to wide range of internal clients. As an Elevated Lawyer™ you will become an acting In-House Regulatory Lawyer supporting the retail bank and specifically its current account, savings and FX businesses.
You might be the right person if you:
- Have legal experience working for a law firm or bank.
- Have strong understanding of regulatory issues relating to retail banking.
- Have the ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Have first class organisational skills and can manage your time effectively.
- Want to work in-house as part of a bank’s legal team.
- Have at least two (2) years post qualification experience.
Specifically you will be:
- Provide counsel and legal support on legal issues relating to the Bank’s current account, savings and FX businesses including matters that may be complex or may have material impact.
- Become a trusted adviser to the business by ensuring that commercially sensitive, pragmatic and practical legal support and advice is provided in a cost-effective manner to the business in the UK.
- Provide support and guidance to the business in the UK with regard to legal risks arising in jobholder’s area of expertise.
- Act as the first point of call for the business for trouble shooting and queries.
- Drafting, negotiating and executing on a wide variety of transactional documents.
- Advising on a variety of risk management, disclosure and regulatory matters.
- Advising on the practical impact of regulatory reform.
- Assist in managing the approach to legal risk in the current account, savings and FX businesses to ensure that the interests of the Bank are adequately protected.
- Training from a law firm or in house legal team with good technical knowledge in retail banking regulation.
- A minimum of 2+ years’ experience post qualification. (2+ years PQE)
- First class legal experience obtained working for an investment bank or law firm.
Skills for Success:
- Ability to engage clients in a way that instils confidence and fosters strong client relationships.
- A savvy operator with good commercial and business acumen.
- A motivated self-starter with the ability to work autonomously with little direction.
- Confident working within complex multi-functional, multi-jurisdictions environments.
- Highly organised with flexible, resilient and credible personality.
- Drive, enthusiasm and desire to succeed.
- Excellent attention to detail and an analytical mind.
- Bachelor's degree required.