Help us shape the future. Elevate is changing the way legal support services are delivered and we are looking for creative, innovative people who can help. If you are a client-focused professional who wants your ideas to make a difference, Elevate's team of highly regarded legal service experts could be the right fit for you.
Elevate is a next generation global legal service provider that ranked 53rd on the Inc. 5000 in 2016, a prestigious annual ranking of the fastest growing private companies. We help law firms and corporate legal departments with practical ways to improve efficiency, quality and outcomes.
At Elevate we live our core values:
We deliver - We are careful about the commitments we make to our customers and to each other. We do what we say we will.
We Innovate - We celebrate creativity. We challenge the status quo and continuously ask of ourselves, and each other how can we improve.
We care - We listen to our customers’ needs and help them solve their business problems. Our work is a positive influence on our personal lives and the lives of our families.
On behalf of a Global Technology Company, we are looking for an experienced Data Privacy Program Manager. The PPM will assist the Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer and the Director, Privacy Compliance, in the development, maintenance and ongoing enhancement of the Company’s global privacy program.
Specifically you will:
- Engage in a wide range of activities all aimed at supporting the Company’s global privacy program, including under the direction of privacy counsel, the design and implementation of policies, controls, best practices and other processes. This involves the full life cycle management of initiatives that are foundational and essential to building and maintaining a global privacy program.
- Serve as the conduit between the Privacy Team and the privacy managers.
- Work with the Privacy Team to determine whether the privacy-related policies/processes need to be modified or developed, and drive any necessary policy/process changes. This will include working with other functional groups.
- Facilitate the definition of scope, goals and deliverables for defined projects.
- Analyze, advise on and drive the implementation of privacy enhancing technologies.
- Provide ongoing management, and oversight of the privacy training program, including development and delivery of content for privacy training.
- Coordinate and hold periodic meetings with privacy managers to communicate effectively about privacy issues and requirements.
- Assist the privacy managers in developing any privacy assessment-related applications.
- Advise the privacy managers on a variety of privacy topics, including incident response and responding to data subject access requests.
- Monitor and report on the ongoing initiatives of the privacy program, using appropriate tools.
Skills for success:
- Understanding of cybersecurity and network monitoring and security.
- Privacy program management experience.
- Excellent organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
- Excited about building strong relationships with the privacy managers, which would include training and development of a number of privacy initiatives.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Minimum of 5 years of privacy experience.
- Proven program management experience, leading complex projects, with ability to develop project plans and coordinate resources.
- Experience in drafting privacy policies and notices.
- Experience managing global international, cross-departmental working groups.
- Strong technical aptitude a plus.
- Knowledge of privacy laws and/or IAPP (or similar) privacy certification a plus.
- International/multi-cultural experience, foreign language skills a plus.
Location: This position may be located in any of the following - Palo Alto, CA, Denver, CO, Atlanta, GA, Reston, VA, Austin, TX or Seattle, WA.