Help us shape the future. Elevate is changing the way legal support services are delivered and we are looking for creative, innovative people who can help. If you are a client-focused professional who wants your ideas to make a difference, Elevate's team of highly regarded legal service experts could be the right fit for you.
Elevate is a next generation global legal service provider that ranked 53rd on the Inc. 5000 in 2016, a prestigious annual ranking of the fastest growing private companies. We help law firms and corporate legal departments with practical ways to improve efficiency, quality and outcomes.
At Elevate we live our core values:
We deliver - We are careful about the commitments we make to our customers and to each other. We do what we say we will.
We Innovate - We celebrate creativity. We challenge the status quo and continuously ask of ourselves, and each other how can we improve.
We care - We listen to our customers’ needs and help them solve their business problems. Our work is a positive influence on our personal lives and the lives of our families.
On behalf of a Global Technology Company, we are looking for a Jr. Commercial Attorney to work out of Elevate's offices in Tempe.
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Like the sound of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment for a quickly growing company.
- Are looking to be a part of the next generation of legal services and influence the way these services are delivered, consumed, and measured.
- Have experience providing commercial contracts support including reviewing, redlining, drafting, managing various types of contracts.
- Have excellent attention to detail; create professional work product; and enjoy building relationships with your clients.
- Want to work directly with an in-house legal department acting as an extension of its legal team.
- Can write clearly and concisely, taking into consideration different audiences and attention spans.
- Are interested in combining technology tools with legal acumen to deliver legal services more efficiently.
- Understand the value of collecting and re-utilizing data and information to improve service delivery and associated tools and processes.
Specifically, you will:
- Review contracts against established standards and negotiate acceptable alternatives, working from templates and tools that you will help create.
- Compare contracts and highlight differences and similarities in memorandum format.
- Facilitate escalation of unresolved issues, approval and signature.
- Update or draft playbooks and templates.
- Build contract databases for clients and populate data fields with relevant contract information.
- Capture data and information on your assigned projects and use this information to improve contracting processes and tools, risk management, and client satisfaction.
- Assist with knowledge services projects for clients, using SharePoint and other collaboration tools.
Skills for Success
- Proven ability to work in a client-centric, deadline driven environment.
- Acute attention to detail while also using good judgment to achieve desired results within timelines.
- Excellent drafting skills, particularly depicting complex ideas clearly and concisely.
- Good negotiation skills; with ability to find solutions and common ground.
- Professionalism in both verbal and written work.
- Keen understanding and ability to comply with confidentiality obligations.
- Excellent listening as well as communication skills and the judgment to know which skill to use in a given setting.
- Integrity and ability to own mistakes.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office products like Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
- Familiarity and interest in contract management software, analytics tools and workflow tools.
- 2-5 years of legal practice with experience in commercial transactions and contracts.
- Drafting experience a plus.
- Excellent track record in previous position with client support/customer service.
- J.D. from accredited university.
- Licensed to practice in at least one U.S. state.