Senior eCommunications Surveillance Analyst
Help us shape the future. Elevate is changing the way legal support services are delivered and we are looking for creative, innovative people who can help. If you are a client-focused professional who wants your creative and innovative ideas to make a difference, Elevate's team of highly regarded legal service experts could be the right fit for you.
As a Senior eCommunications Surveillance Analyst, you will work with our clients to identify potential instances of market abuse, misconduct and/or regulatory violations by reviewing
pre-selected e-Communications and escalating for further review where necessary.
Support Intermediate and Junior analysts, to ensure that all work performed is of the appropriate standard. Participate in the creation and submission of Management Information internally and for the client. Deputize for the Manager as appropriate.
As part of our rapidly expanding business, this role offers the opportunity to develop a career in Compliance, focusing primarily on Trading and Sales activity within financial institutions.
You might be the right person if you:
- Are interested or have prior experience of the legal and compliance subject matter, especially within a financial services setting
- Are passionate about delivering first class customer service
- Have excellent focus and high level of attention to detail
- Have an inquisitive mind
- Are a team player who works well within a collaborative environment
- Can work quickly and can handle large volumes of data and text
Specifically you will:
- Screen electronic communications quickly and effectively using client-developed guidelines on market abuse
- Identify and escalate potential instances of market abuse
- Participate in the 2nd line review of cases that may potentially be escalated to the client
- Participate in the internal Quality Assurance process
- Liaise with client teams on escalated cases, as necessary
- Provide appropriate oversight and support to Intermediate and Junior team members
- Oversee, contribute, develop and maintain data/ statistics to support. Management Information and various client reporting obligations
- 4+ years’ experience in eCommunications, trade surveillance, market abuse or compliance in a financial services firm
- Previous experience working in a high volume environment, preferably focusing on targeted monitoring, quality assurance/control in similar setting
Skills for Success:
- Basic familiarity with regulation surrounding electronic communication surveillance
- Basic familiarity with FCA regulations and its application to financial services clients
- Fluency in a second language is a plus. (Spanish, French, German, Portuguese)
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills
- Proactive with minimal need for guidance
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Computer literate with good MS office skills
- Expertise in compliance and trade monitoring software (such as HP Autonomy, HP Surveillance)