Our client’s Legal team is looking for a Legal Operations Specialist to work in their Legal Operations team. The Legal Operations team is involved in nearly everything the legal department does, with the exception of practicing law. This team enables each of the legal practice areas by delivering processes, systems and administrative support in an efficient and cost-effective manner. This is a great opportunity to work with a dynamic legal team and to work in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
The Legal Operations Specialist will work closely with other Legal Operations team members, internal stakeholders and external technical partners to understand and identify requirements, objectives, pain points and efficiency opportunities, to assist in the configuration, deployment and support of existing (and new) technologies and tools, to meet business needs, and to diagnose and resolve technical issues.
This position will report to the Senior Manager, Legal Operations.
- Provide technical support for existing and new legal applications and tools (e.g., Salesforce contract management system, Legal Dept Portal on SharePoint)
- Identify and troubleshoot issues; provide recommendation and resolution options to stakeholders.
- Document current state processes and systems.
- Collect, document, and prioritize user requirements.
- Coordinate efforts of technical teams to ensure that requirements are implemented correctly.
- Partner with stakeholders during project implementation to execute test scripts/scenarios as part of user acceptance testing.
- Train end users and onboard new users, as needed.
- Collect data and run reports to assist in business decisions.
- Perform other duties as assigned, depending on team and business priorities.
Education and Experience:
- BA or BS degree.
- Minimum 2 years directly applicable work experience in a similar role.
- Worked in a corporate legal department or at a law firm (not required, but a plus).
- Has elicited requirements using interviews, business process descriptions, use cases, and scenarios.
- Reviewed high level & detailed design/technical documentation to ensure business needs are met via the proposed solution.
- Translated technical issues back to legal stakeholders.
- Acted as a liaison by connecting technical teams to the appropriate end users, as needed.