Help us shape the future. Elevate is changing the way legal support services are delivered and we are looking for creative, innovative people who can help. If you are a client-focused professional who wants your ideas to make a difference, Elevate's team of highly regarded legal service experts could be the right fit for you.
Elevate is a next generation global legal service provider that ranked 53rd on the Inc. 5000 in 2016, a prestigious annual ranking of the fastest growing private companies. We help law firms and corporate legal departments with practical ways to improve efficiency, quality and outcomes.
At Elevate we live our core values.
- We deliver - We are careful about the commitments we make to our customers and to each other. We do what we say we will.
- We Innovate - We celebrate creativity. We challenge the status quo and continuously ask of ourselves, and each other how can we improve.
- We care - We listen to our customers’ needs and help them solve their business problems. Our work is a positive influence on our personal lives and the lives of our families.
The legal industry is changing and Elevate’s team are some of the most respected leaders in the sector as we continue to deliver cutting edge products and services in support of legal departments and law firms globally. As a Senior Paralegal at Elevate, you will be providing corporate secretarial support to the Entity Maintenance team at our client and Global Technology Firm.
The right applicant needs to be well organised, capable of dealing with senior managers and confidential information plus co-ordinate across different areas.
Specifically you will be:
- Setting up new entities, annual general meetings, approval of annual accounts, appointment and removal of directors, payment of dividends, completion of annual returns, liquidations, strike off’s and mergers of entities, powers of attorney, adopting standard banking resolutions, inter-company agreements, share issues and constitutional amendments.
- Facilitating and advising at board and shareholder meetings.
- Managing external legal counsel throughout the EMEA region.
- Liaising with counterparts, other members of the legal department and internal clients (Tax, Treasury and Finance) worldwide.
- Drafting minutes, resolutions and other documentation as required and reviewing documentation prepared by outside counsel.
- Has experience of managing a portfolio of companies.
- Has experience of working in a large multinational organisation.
- Is fluent in an additional European language.
- Previous experience with Blueprint would be useful, but not essential.
Skills for Success:
- Sound knowledge of Company law.
- Ability to prioritise and to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Confidence to operate effectively at board and senior management level.
- Competence in Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- Good communication skills.
- Exceptional Excel and Microsoft Office skills
- Process mapping training
- Project management training (e.g. Prince2)
- Experience with common law firm technologies a plus
- ICSA qualified or part qualified.
- Paralegal or ILEX experience/qualification.