Help us shape the future. Elevate is changing the way legal support services are delivered and we are looking for creative, innovative people who can help. If you are a client-focused professional who wants your ideas to make a difference, Elevate’s team of highly regarded legal service experts could be the right fit for you.
Elevate is a next generation global legal service provider that ranked 53rd on the Inc. 5000 in 2016, a prestigious annual ranking of the fastest-growing private companies. We help law firms and corporate legal departments with practical ways to improve efficiency, quality and outcomes.
At Elevate we live our core values:
We deliver - We are careful about the commitments we make to our customers and to each other. We do what we say we will.
We Innovate - We celebrate creativity. We challenge the status quo and continuously ask of ourselves, and each other how can we improve.
We care - We listen to our customers’ needs and help them solve their business problems. Our work is a positive influence on our personal lives and the lives of our families.
Through our Elevated Lawyers Solution, we are able to offer our clients the right legal expert in the right location with exactly the right skill set. As we continue to expand the offering we are now looking for a Commercial Contracts Lawyer to work in-house at our client, one of the most respected Global Mining Groups.
You might be the right person if you:
- Like the sound of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment for one of the fastest growing legal services company in the world
- Enjoy using new technologies, tools and resources to more efficiently and effectively deliver legal services
- Are comfortable working as part of a team dedicated to provide quality support to an international client base
- Have excellent leadership qualities to lead a team of legal professionals through coaching, mentoring, training and people development skills
- Have excellent customer service skills with a keen eye for detail and commitment to quality
- Have experience providing substantive transactional support and risk analysis for multinational companies
- Have experience providing or overseeing legal research and using on-line research tools
- Enjoy project managing and overseeing delivery of project services; have good transition and change management skills
- Can write clearly and concisely, taking into consideration different audiences and attention spans
- Are looking to be a part of the next generation of legal services and influence the way these services are delivered, consumed, and measured
- Manage and mentor team of French and English speaking lawyers of various experience levels.
- Manage all aspects of service delivery including service levels and ongoing client relationships.
- Perform quality control function to ensure accuracy of deliverables created for the client.
- Build training and mentoring programs focused on identifying and bridging skill gaps of team members; and improving critical soft skills such as good writing and communication, presentation of ideas, and solution-focused work product.
- Work with other project teams and executive management to provide coordinated support to the client, including leading operational and strategic reviews, preparing reports, analyzing feedback, and recommending and implementing improvements.
- Take a leadership role on the most complex, high visibility, high urgency matters and assignments.
- Provide legal research and writing support.
- 5+ years of commercial legal experience in an in-house legal department or with a law firm.
- Experience managing and developing people and teams, including attorneys and legal specialists in other geographic regions.
- Legal practice focused on commercial transaction support.
- Experience working with multinational companies and supporting business clients and legal teams in all geographic regions.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with contracting process tools and infrastructure, workflow management and tracking, and metric management.
- Excellent track record in previous client support/customer service engagements.
Skills for Success:
- Fluent in French and English
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other project teams and executive management to provide coordinated support to the client
- Proven ability to work in a client-centric, deadline driven environment
- Highly detail oriented, with good analytical skills, financial acumen, and business judgment
- Excellent drafting skills, particularly depicting complex ideas clearly and concisely
- Good negotiation skills; with ability to find solutions and common ground
- Professionalism in both verbal and written work
- Strong adherence to and appreciation of confidentiality obligations
- Excellent listening as well as communication skills and the judgment to know which skill to use in a given setting
- Integrity and ability to own mistakes
- MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Experience with contract management software is a plus.