Help us shape the future. Elevate is changing the way legal support services are delivered and we are looking for creative, innovative people who can help. If you are a client-focused professional who wants your ideas to make a difference, Elevate’s team of highly regarded legal service experts could be the right fit for you.
Elevate is a next generation global legal service provider that ranked 53rd on the Inc. 5000 in 2016, a prestigious annual ranking of the fastest-growing private companies. We help law firms and corporate legal departments with practical ways to improve efficiency, quality and outcomes.
At Elevate we live our core values:
- We deliver - We are careful about the commitments we make to our customers and to each other. We do what we say we will.
- We Innovate - We celebrate creativity. We challenge the status quo and continuously ask of ourselves, and each other how can we improve.
- We care - We listen to our customers’ needs and help them solve their business problems. Our work is a positive influence on our personal lives and the lives of our families.
Through our Elevated Lawyers Solution, we are able to offer our clients the right legal expert in the right location with exactly the right skill set. As we continue to expand the offering we are now looking for a Legal Counsel to work in-house at our client, a Global Energy Company.
The right candidate will need to have experience with gas contracts, farm out agreements, JOA’s, concession agreements and extensive Oil and Gas experience.
You might be the right person if you:
- Can provide accurate and timely commercial legal advice.
- Can provide clear communication and advice with business stakeholders on legal risks.
- Enjoy using new technologies, tools and resources to more efficiently and effectively deliver legal services.
- Are comfortable working as part of a team dedicated to providing quality support to an international client base.
- Are looking to be a part of the next generation of legal services and influence the way these services are delivered, consumed, and measured.
- Provide advice, opinion and services in handling from a legal viewpoint all types of agreements with respect to joint ventures, joint ventures partners, outside suppliers, customers, agents and contractors and also, lead Counsels by providing knowledge and expertise in undertaking general or specific legal matters as specified in LCP Division Internal Policy or assigned by the Associate General Counsel, in accordance with internal Policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- Lead in the drafting and/or review the preparation, of legal documents and agreements (e.g. Heads of Agreement, Memorandum of Understanding, Term Sheets, JV agreements, Memorandum and Articles of Association, Lease Agreement, Technical Services Agreements, Oil and Gas Services Contracts, Production Sharing Agreements (EPSA, DPSA, DFA), Sale and Purchase Agreements (SPA) etc.) relating to projects in the upstream area, with the aim of protecting the firm's interests.
- Lead and coordinate activities in the negotiation of the legal aspects of major agreements on behalf of the firm with foreign partners, purchasers and financiers with the aim of safeguarding the firm's interests.
- Provide legal advice to the firm in relation to joint venture activities and other finance and operational project activities with the aim of safeguarding the firm's interests.
- Provide advice related to the impact of national legislation on joint venture activities with the aim of safeguarding the firm's interests and ensure compliance with the law.
- Lead and facilitate in drafting and/or reviewing the formation of model agreements, with the aim of safeguarding the firm's interests and ensure compliance with the law.
- Draft and/or reviews sale and purchase agreements in order to safeguard the firm's interest and ensure the compliance with the law.
- Provide legal advice with regard to claims and interpretation of the joint venture agreements, so as to safeguard the firm's interests and ensure compliance with the law.
- Actively lead and coordinate participation in special purpose teams and committees to investigate, review and evaluate specific issues and/or negotiate specific agreements, in order to provide legal advice on specific matters addressed by such special purpose teams and committees.
- At least 5 years PQE experience or equivalent experience if non-English qualified lawyer.
Skills for Success:
- Depth and breadth of understanding - understands the technological and commercial challenges.
- Innovation and Creativity – able to assess the viability of ideas, develop them and find innovative solutions to issues that are encountered.
- Communicating for Impact – ensuring information is communicated effectively to all parties, fostering a productive and positive working environment.
- Capable of working independently with an ability to request support only where required.
- Managing a changing environment – able to deal with complexity and ambiguity.
- Credibility – able to build a rapport, persuade and influence key personnel.
- Has a proven track record of delivery.
- Bachelors of Law (LLB) or equivalent from recognized University, preferably post graduate legal studies or master degree of law.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Strong experience in general legal practice areas listed in the Principal Accountabilities above, with some experience which relates to Oil & Gas and/or petrochemical industry.
- Experience working on M&A transactions
- Must be proficient in using Microsoft Word.