Help us shape the future. Elevate is changing the way legal support services are delivered and we are looking for creative, innovative people who can help. If you are a client-focused professional who wants your ideas to make a difference, Elevate's team of highly regarded legal service experts could be the right fit for you.
Elevate is a next generation global legal service provider that ranked 53rd on the Inc. 5000 in 2016, a prestigious annual ranking of the fastest growing private companies. We help law firms and corporate legal departments with practical ways to improve efficiency, quality and outcomes.
At Elevate we live our core values.
- We deliver - We are careful about the commitments we make to our customers and to each other. We do what we say we will.
- We Innovate - We celebrate creativity. We challenge the status quo and continuously ask of ourselves, and each other how can we improve.
- We care - We listen to our customers’ needs and help them solve their business problems. Our work is a positive influence on our personal lives and the lives of our families.
Elevate is currently sourcing a French Speaking Commercial Lawyer to support our UK legal service delivery team.
This role is based in our offices in Montreal, Canada, with the possibility of working from home a few days a week.
You will be a dedicated member of the legal service delivery team for an international client, working closely with this client’s in-house counsel teams globally, including in the Americas, EMEA and APAC. You will provide commercial and transactional support, working both independently on assigned deals and projects, and collaboratively with the client’s in house team and the Elevate legal delivery teams across the globe. You will also be responsible for conducting general and legal research and drafting well written memorandums.
You might be the right person if you:
- Like the sound of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment for a quickly growing company.
- Have experience providing transactional contracts support including reviewing, redlining, drafting, managing various types of contracts for a multinational company.
- Are a highly organised, excellent legal researcher and writer who is passionate about delivering high quality analysis and written work product.
- Want to work directly with an in house legal department of a leading multinational corporation.
- Are looking for high visibility and unlimited growth potential.
- Are proficient in relevant technology and have a keen eye for detail.
Specifically you will be:
- Proficient in French (native French speaker from France or Montreal region) as some of the work will be conducted in French.
- Have an understanding into civil law as well as common law jurisdictions.
- Reviewing contracts against established standards and negotiate acceptable alternatives, working from templates and tools that you will help create.
- Comparing contracts and draft risk memos.
- Updating or drafting playbooks and templates.
- Researching and analysing areas of commercial law as relevant to the company’s business and future prospects, and prepare memos or position statements for different audiences.
- Providing high level legal research and memorandum drafting support for simple to high complexity legal research assignments.
- Using captured data and other information from signed agreements to improve contracting processes and tools, risk management and client satisfaction.
- 1-2 years of cross border legal practice with commercial transactional support, including drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts, particularly software license and SAAS agreements, procurement and other inbound agreements.
- Must be a native French (France or Montreal) speaker.
- French and UK legal qualifications highly desirable.
- Experience conducting simple to complex legal research and memorandum drafting.
- Excellent track record in previous client support/customer service engagements.
- Multi-jurisdictional/cross border experience working with multinational clients, including interacting with lawyers in the US, UK, Asia, Europe a plus.
Skills for Success:
- Proven ability to work in a client-centric, deadline driven environment.
- Highly detail oriented, with good analytical skills, financial acumen, and business judgement.
- Excellent drafting skills, particularly depicting complex ideas clearly and concisely.
- Good negotiation skills, with ability to find solutions and common ground.
- Professionalism in both verbal and written work.
- Keen understanding and ability to comply with confidentiality obligations.
- Excellent listening as well as communication skills and the judgment to know which skill to use in a given setting.
- Integrity and ability to own mistakes.
commercial law, legal research, transactional contracts, risk management, services and supply agreements, software license, SAAS agreements, procurement, negotiation, french