Help us shape the future. Elevate is changing the way legal support services are delivered and we are looking for creative, innovative people who can help. If you are a client-focused professional who wants your ideas to make a difference, Elevate's team of highly regarded legal service experts could be the right fit for you.
Elevate is a next generation global legal service provider that ranked 53rd on the Inc. 5000 in 2016, a prestigious annual ranking of the fastest growing private companies. We help law firms and corporate legal departments with practical ways to improve efficiency, quality and outcomes.
At Elevate we live our core values.
- We deliver - We are careful about the commitments we make to our customers and to each other. We do what we say we will.
- We Innovate - We celebrate creativity. We challenge the status quo and continuously ask of ourselves, and each other how can we improve.
- We care - We listen to our customers’ needs and help them solve their business problems. Our work is a positive influence on our personal lives and the lives of our families.
Elevate’s client is a Top Tier Global bank with offices around the world.
As a Regulatory Lawyer, you will support the bank's in-house legal team. As an integral member of the team you will support the client in setting up a new UK Bank and carry out two (or three, depending on structure) Part VII transfers.
You might be the right person if you:
- Have legal experience working for a law firm or bank.
- Have strong understanding of regulatory issues relating to banking and finance.
- Have the ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Have first class organisational skills and can manage your time effectively.
- Want to work in-house as part of a bank’s legal team.
- Have at least four (4) years post qualification experience.
Specifically you will:
- Become a trusted adviser to the business by ensuring that commercially sensitive, pragmatic and practical legal support and advice is provided in a cost-effective manner to the business in the UK.
- Act as the first point of call for the business for trouble shooting and queries.
- Drafting, negotiating and executing on a wide variety of transactional documents.
- Advising on a variety of risk management, disclosure and regulatory matters.
- Advising on the practical impact of regulatory reform.
- Previous experience of being seconded to a large in-house project or of working in-house.
- Prudential or experience on the conduct side of regulation.
- Dealing with regulators.
- Knowledge/understanding of the FSMA – Financial Services and Markets Act.
- Knowledge/understanding of the CCA – Consumer Credit Act.
- Payment Services Regulation experience.
- Knowledge/understanding of the MiFID II.
- Working with retail products (deposit taking, savings and lending).
- First class legal experience obtained working for an investment bank or law firm.
Skills for Success:
- Ability to engage clients in a way that instils confidence and fosters strong client relationships.
- A savvy operator with good commercial and business acumen.
- A motivated self-starter with the ability to work autonomously with little direction.
- Confident working within complex multi-functional, multi-jurisdictions environments.
- Highly organised with flexible, resilient and credible personality.
- Drive, enthusiasm and desire to succeed.
- Excellent attention to detail and an analytical mind.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Training from a law firm or in house legal team with good technical knowledge in retail banking regulation.