Help us shape the future. Elevate is changing the way legal support services are delivered and we are looking for creative, innovative people who can help. If you are a client-focused professional who wants your ideas to make a difference, Elevate's team of highly regarded legal service experts could be the right fit for you.
Elevate is a next generation global legal service provider that ranked 53rd on the Inc. 5000 in 2016, a prestigious annual ranking of the fastest growing private companies. We help law firms and corporate legal departments with practical ways to improve efficiency, quality and outcomes.
At Elevate we live our core values:
We deliver - We are careful about the commitments we make to our customers and to each other. We do what we say we will.
We Innovate - We celebrate creativity. We challenge the status quo and continuously ask of ourselves, and each other how can we improve.
We care - We listen to our customers’ needs and help them solve their business problems. Our work is a positive influence on our personal lives and the lives of our families.
On behalf of a National Boutique Litigation Firm, we are looking for an experienced Executive Director to report directly to the Managing Partner to lead the Firm’s non-lawyer professional staff and business operations. As a change agent, the successful candidate will create and implement an operational structure to allow the firm to achieve its strategic goals.
Specifically you will:
- Be involved in all aspects of the firm’s legal and business/administrative operations.
- Supervise professional staff.
- Develop, implement and oversee policies and procedures.
- Paralegal training.
- Work with outside agency, direct firm communications with legal community and firm’s marketing.
- Budgeting and oversight of controller and business affairs (billing, financial reports, accounts payable, vendor relationships).
- Oversee in-house IT personnel and relationship with outside IT service provider.
- Participate in case management with large, sophisticated federal cases.
Skills for Success:
- Leadership and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collegially while implementing the highest professional standards.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective team working skills.
You might be the right person if you:
- Possess a multidimensional skill set and would like a varied management position with a variety of responsibilities.
- Are a change agent who can implement new policies and procedures.
- Can turn decisions and strategies into defined and manageable tasks.
- Are detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Like working in an informal but fast-paced sophisticated litigation environment.
- Are entrepreneurial and a self-starter capable of managing multiple projects.
- Are experienced in managing staff and law firm functions.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience including managing paralegals and non-lawyer professional staff.
- Experience with a wide range of activities in law firms such as operations, communications, legal marketing, HR, and finance.
- Experience managing administrative aspects of large cases.
- Bachelor's Degree and paralegal training.
- Proficient in standard law firm and litigation software.