Help us shape the future. Elevate is changing the way legal support services are delivered and we are looking for creative, innovative people who can help. If you are a client-focused professional who wants your ideas to make a difference, Elevate’s team of highly regarded legal service experts could be the right fit for you.
Elevate is a next generation global legal service provider that ranked 53rd on the Inc. 5000 in 2016, a prestigious annual ranking of the fastest-growing private companies. We help law firms and corporate legal departments with practical ways to improve efficiency, quality and outcomes.
At Elevate we live our core values:
We deliver - We are careful about the commitments we make to our customers and to each other. We do what we say we will.
We Innovate - We celebrate creativity. We challenge the status quo and continuously ask of ourselves, and each other how can we improve.
We care - We listen to our customers’ needs and help them solve their business problems. Our work is a positive influence on our personal lives and the lives of our families.
The legal industry is changing and Elevate’s team are already some of the most respected leaders in the sector as we continue to deliver cutting-edge products and services in support of our clients. Elevate’s client and Top Tier Investment Bank is looking for an in-house attorney to provide legal coverage to the securitization businesses within its Fixed Income Division’s securitized products group (SPG). Coverage would be both for SPG’s primary issuances and related secondary sales and trading activities.
Specifically you will:
- Advise on securitization transactions across SPG’s asset classes, working closely with outside counsel and internal legal and compliance professionals.
- Analyze and provide legal advice to a cross-functional SPG team of bankers, underwriting teams and syndicate members, in addition to operations, accounting and other support areas, including among other things, risk retention and execution issues.
- Provide advice to sales and trading professionals regarding secondary market SPG trading issues, such as public/private information matters.
- Advise the business on legal matters relating to governance, compliance with relevant securities and banking laws and regulations, and operations, such as Firm policies and procedures, products and services and disclosures related to individual deals and ongoing initiatives.
- Assist in providing support to other product and asset classes originated or financed within SPG, such as warehouse and commercial real estate lending, to the extent these areas may impact potential securitization activity.
- Advise on a variety of cross-divisional initiatives, primarily involving Wealth Management.
- 6-10 years of experience as a practicing attorney in securitizations (registered, 144A/Reg S and private) or structured finance, with a strong understanding of applicable securities laws.
- Experience with banking and securities regulations, including familiarity with Reg AB II and US and European risk retention regulations as well as familiarity with applicable Basel capital rules.
- Ideally in-house experience or broad and deep experience gained in securitization at a law firm.
Skills for Success:
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proven ability to work in a client-centric, deadline driven environment.
- Attention to detail and superior reading comprehension.
- Rapid turnaround in a fast-paced environment is a must.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work with cross functional organizations.