Help us shape the future. Elevate is changing the way legal support services are delivered and we are looking for creative, innovative people who can help. If you are a client-focused professional who wants your ideas to make a difference, Elevate's team of highly regarded legal service experts could be the right fit for you.
Elevate is a next generation global legal service provider that ranked 53rd on the Inc. 5000 in 2016, a prestigious annual ranking of the fastest growing private companies. We help law firms and corporate legal departments with practical ways to improve efficiency, quality and outcomes.
At Elevate we live our core values.
We deliver - We are careful about the commitments we make to our customers and to each other. We do what we say we will.
We Innovate - We celebrate creativity. We challenge the status quo and continuously ask of ourselves, and each other how can we improve.
We care - We listen to our customers’ needs and help them solve their business problems. Our work is a positive influence on our personal lives and the lives of our families.
Elevate’s client is a Global Top-Tier bank and are seeking an experienced IP Lawyer. The role of the IP Lawyer is to Coordinate and implement IP and brand related activities across the global legal function to deliver the overall strategy, including management of data and MI relating to brand and IP portfolio support.
You Might be the Right Person If:
- You have experience of helping businesses to understand, use and protect their IP, both in the UK and internationally.
- You have proven ability to provide a range of IP legal advice.
- You have good experience of drafting and negotiating IP contracts.
- You have a proven track record of establishing strong relationships with senior management/executives.
- You are an independent self - starter, with excellent organisational skills and a strong ability to prioritise and plan effectively.
Specifically you will:
- Provide management of external counsel and other outsourced providers delivering brand protection, trade mark and other IP legal services, ensuring that costs on all engagements are carefully scoped, monitored and controlled.
- Proactively assist the Associate General Counsel for Risk and Operations in managing external law firm spend against budget.
- Provide an understanding of brand and other IP portfolios across the Group and their usage by the Global Businesses and Functions.
- Assist with development of systems and processes to optimise and streamline brand protection services including setting Group policy and procedures.
- Manage and review reporting and oversight requirements relating to Group IP use, protection and infringements in accordance with the Legal FIM.
- Promote best practice and compliance with policy relating to brand and IP protection and enforcement, both in Legal and in the supported businesses and functions.
- Provide legal advice, support and guidance to relevant stakeholders in relation to:
- Brand protection, IP and portfolio management queries.
- The Group’s exposure to non-contractual rights risk.
Skills for success:
- Experienced, pragmatic and confident practitioner.
- Effective communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Effective supplier management skills.
- Experience of instructing external counsel.
- Experience of implementing change.
- Forward looking and innovative in how to deliver legal support.
Skills & Experience:
- Qualified lawyer with relevant post-qualification experience.
- UK legal qualification preferable but other jurisdictions will be considered.
- Excellent knowledge of UK, European and international IP systems (including but not limited to trade marks).