Help us shape the future. Elevate is changing the way legal support services are delivered and we are looking for creative, innovative people who can help. If you are a client-focused professional who wants your ideas to make a difference, Elevate’s team of highly regarded legal service experts could be the right fit for you.
Elevate is a next generation global legal service provider that ranked 53rd on the Inc. 5000 in 2016, a prestigious annual ranking of the fastest-growing private companies. We help law firms and corporate legal departments with practical ways to improve efficiency, quality and outcomes.
At Elevate we live our core values:
We deliver - We are careful about the commitments we make to our customers and to each other. We do what we say we will.
We Innovate - We celebrate creativity. We challenge the status quo and continuously ask of ourselves, and each other how can we improve.
We care - We listen to our customers’ needs and help them solve their business problems. Our work is a positive influence on our personal lives and the lives of our families.
Elevate’s customer is the Largest Natural Gas and Utility Company in the U.S. currently undergoing significant change across their legal and compliance function as they react to the changing regulatory landscape. To support this change, Elevate is assisting with the Company's current litigation needs.
As an Elevate e-Discovery Sr. Litigation Paralegal, you will be working within the Legal group, managing the company’s e-discovery program, including the identification, preservation, collection, processing, review and production of documents, data and other information. This individual will also act as liaison between Legal and IT to ensure an effective e-discovery process and maintain systems in support of document preservation and e-discovery storage and retrieval.
You might be the right person if you:
- Have strong e-Discovery background and knowledge.
- Have a track record of delivering excellent customer service.
- Are a proven leader and motivator of people.
Specifically, you will:
- Implement and maintain legal hold system.
- Manage issuance and compliance with legal holds, including assisting custodians.
- Maintain auditable record of legal holds.
- Continually identify ways to streamline and improve effectiveness of legal hold system.
- Manage day-to-day e-discovery tasks, coordinate with Law Department personnel, IT and business units as needed.
- Assist in-house and outside counsel with developing e-discovery plans.
- Assist in-house and outside counsel with document collection, preservation, processing, review, and production, including determination of most cost-effective means of accomplishing the various activities.
- Develop project budgets, set and manage expectations with Law Department personnel, outside counsel and vendors.
- Assess, coordinate, and make recommendations regarding the company’s in-house e-discovery strategy, practices, technology and resources.
- Set priorities, develop protocols, and track progress against objectives.
- Manage and coordinate e-discovery activities performed by Law Department support staff and by other departments, including IT.
- Identify potential e-discovery vendors; negotiate contracts, oversee, and coordinate relationships with e-discovery vendors.
- Conduct training for attorneys and paralegals regarding company resources for litigation support and e-discovery best practices.
- Establish reporting mechanism to measure and report the volume and costs associated with e-discovery being managed in support of the company.
Essential experience and skills for success:
- 3-5 years experience in managing electronic discovery projects,
- Proficiency in e-discovery and legal hold applications such as Relativity, EnCase, Legal Hold Pro, and Office 365.
- Knowledge and understanding of EDRM lifecycle.
- Productively communicating and driving litigation projects forward with clients and/or attorneys.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellent computer skills in MS Office Suite Products, document review and file management systems, and imaging.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and Paralegal experience or certificate required.