Help us shape the future. Elevate is changing the way legal support services are delivered and we are looking for creative, innovative people who can help. If you are a client-focused professional who wants your creative and innovative ideas to make a difference, Elevate's team of highly regarded legal service experts could be the right fit for you.
As Corporate Counsel, you will report directly to the Senior Corporate Counsel of Elevate Services, Inc. You will manage progressively more complex and material commercial contracts for all of Elevate's entities, working directly with your internal counterparts in Sales, HR, IT, Finance, Operations, and Delivery, and your external counterparts with Elevate's customers, suppliers, and partners. You will also support entity maintenance and board duties, and assist in maintaining legal tools such as the contract database.
You Might be the Right Person if you...
- Have a genuine interest in the business model of Elevate and its place within the legal ecosystem, and a proven record of professionalism with internal and external counterparts.
- Have a committment to excellence in your work product and a demonstrated work ethic.
- Have experience providing substantive commercial transaction support is critical, and experience with corporate legal matters is a plus, but an interest in learning these substantive aspects of the law is sufficient as well.
- Have proven project management abilities and capacity for developing creative approaches to complex legal processes.
- Proficiency with legal technology is a plus, but willingness to learn will suffice.
- Implementing and managing Elevate's new contract management software, with responsibility for tracking and communicating to account managers key contractual terms such as renewals, price increases, etc. in a timely manner.
- Managing shared resources to manage data migration to and population of this tool.
- Developing contract negotiation playbooks with an eye towards expansion of the Legal function in a scalable manner.
- Achieving proficiency with Elevate's risk profile and confidence in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts on a global basis.
- Assist in managing entity maintenance issues globally.
- Assist with board-related activity.
- One to three years of legal experience, preferably with some combination of law firm and in-house practice.
- Strong commercial contract drafting and negotiation experience, including experience in-bound and out-bound licensing.
- Experience with board-level activity and entity maintenance preferred, but not required.
- Experience working in a global environment.
- Comfortable with working remotely using related technology, such as Webex, Go-To-Meeting, and similar tools to work dynamically with internal teams and external parties.
- Experience working with legal services vendors is preferred but not necessary.
- Ability to effectively communicate cross-functionally and with senior management, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to work in a client-centric, deadline driven environment.
- Highly detail oriented, excellent drafting skills.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work independently and proactive, demonstrating initiative.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Degree in Law from a reputed university