Help us shape the future. Elevate is changing the way legal support services are delivered and we are looking for creative, innovative people who can help. If you are a client-focused professional who wants your ideas to make a difference, Elevate's team of highly regarded legal service experts could be the right fit for you.
Elevate is searching for a Contracts Specialist to join our team. The Contracts Specialist will be a member of Elevate's Managed Contracts Services Team, working closely with in-house legal departments and their internal business clients. You will provide deal support and also participate on projects to improve of our clients; contractual infrastructure, workflow, and processes. You will work independently on assigned matters, but will also work collaboratively with other members of the Elevate team and Elevate service lines, as well as the client's in house team.
You might be the right person if...
- You like the sound of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment for a quickly growing company in an expanding new services market.
- You think legal services should embrace business models and processes to create measurable, cost-effective results.
- You enjoy negotiating and drafting contracts.
- You like working with multinational companies, spanning different markets and industries.
- You embrace the use of technology tools to facilitate your work.
- You are knowledge focused rather than task focused; understand the importance of capturing and re-using information.
- You work well independently as well as with teams.
- You are the kind of person who can be relied upon to get things done.
Specifically, you will:
- Review contracts and negotiate acceptable alternatives, work from templates and tools that you will help create.
- Facilitate escalation and resolution of contract issues
- Update or draft templates, negotiation playbooks, and other contract infrastructure tools.
- Capture various pieces of information related to the contracts or matters that you support.
- Participate in or managing client projects to improve contracting efficiency, cost effectiveness, and knowledge sharing.
- Create reports and making presentations to clients and internal colleagues.
- Participate on task forces that strive to improve how Elevate services its clients and that enable our team to develop and grow.
Skills for Success
- Proven ability to work in a client-centric, deadline driven environment.
- Can work effectively from a home office or a remote work environment.
- Dependable, responsive, and committed to producing high quality work.
- Flexible, and willing to pitch in on matters and projects to better serve our clients, even if the work falls outside your normal scope of duties.
- Can act independently, and use good judgment, but also not afraid to ask questions.
- Excellent writing skills, particularly depicting complex ideas clearly and concisely.
- Professionalism in both verbal and written work.
- High integrity and ethical compass.
- Excellent listening as well as communication skills and the judgment to know which skill to use in a given setting.
- Ability to own mistakes and learn from.
- Experience with Microsoft Products like Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, OneNote, etc.
- Experience with contract management or workflow software tools is a plus
- 4-6 of years of legal practice with at least 3 years of experience with commercial transactional support, including drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts, particularly services and supply agreements, software license and SAAS agreements, procurement and other inbound agreements.
- Experience conducting simple to complex legal research and memorandum drafting.
- Excellent track record in previous client support/customer service engagements.
- J.D. from accredited law school and licensed to practice law in at least one State, preferably California or Arizona; or
- Paralegal certificate or other contract specialist certification with requisite prior experience.
Elevate is the law company. We provide consulting, technology and services to law departments and law firms. Our global team of lawyers, engineers, consultants and business experts improve efficiency, quality and outcomes for customers worldwide. Elevate’s achievements and distinctions include:
Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies two years in a row
Ranked as a top Global Services Provider by Chambers & Partners three years in a row
Lead Partner of the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards
At Elevate we live our core values.
We deliver - We are careful about the commitments we make to our customers and to each other. We do what we say we will.
We Innovate - We celebrate creativity. We challenge the status quo and continuously ask ourselves, and each other how can we improve.
We care - We listen to our customers’ needs and help them solve their business problems. Our work is a positive influence on our personal lives and the lives of our families.