Elevate’s client, a Silver Circle Law firm, is recruiting a Regulatory Lawyer who possesses a technical skill set to assist the team on a range of matters: MiFID II spill-over, the plethora of Industry Codes of Conduct, some potential GDPR compliance function guidance support and SFTR.
You might be the right person if you:
- Have legal experience working for a law firm or bank.
- Have strong understanding of regulatory issues relating to banking and finance.
- Have the ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Have first class organisational skills and can manage your time effectively.
- Want to work in-house as part of a bank’s legal team.
- Have 2-5 years post qualification experience.
Specifically you will:
- Become a trusted adviser to the business by ensuring that commercially sensitive, pragmatic and practical legal support and advice is provided in a cost-effective manner to the business in the UK.
- Act as the first point of call for the business for trouble shooting and queries.
- Drafting, negotiating and executing on a wide variety of transactional documents.
- Advising on a variety of risk management, disclosure and regulatory matters.
- Advising on the practical impact of regulatory reform.
- Previous experience of being seconded to a large in-house project or of working in-house.
- Prudential or experience on the conduct side of regulation.
- Dealing with regulators.
- Knowledge/understanding of the FSMA – Financial Services and Markets Act.
- Knowledge/understanding of the CCA – Consumer Credit Act.
- Payment Services Regulation experience.
- Knowledge/understanding of the MiFID II.
- Working with retail products (deposit taking, savings and lending).
- First class legal experience obtained working for an investment bank or law firm.
Skills for Success:
- Ability to engage clients in a way that instils confidence and fosters strong client relationships.
- A savvy operator with good commercial and business acumen.
- A motivated self-starter with the ability to work autonomously with little direction.
- Confident working within complex multi-functional, multi-jurisdictions environments.
- Highly organised with flexible, resilient and credible personality.
- Drive, enthusiasm and desire to succeed.
- Excellent attention to detail and an analytical mind.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Training from a law firm or in house legal team with good technical knowledge in retail banking regulation.
Elevate is the law company. We provide consulting, technology and services to law departments and law firms. Our global team of lawyers, engineers, consultants and business experts improve efficiency, quality and outcomes for customers worldwide. Elevate’s achievements and distinctions include:
- Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies two years in a row.
- Ranked as a top Global Services Provider by Chambers & Partners three years in a row.
- Lead Partner of the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards.
Learn more at https://elevateservices.com
See more jobs at https://elevateservices.jobs.net/
Follow us on social media at https://www.linkedin.com/company/elevate-services or https://twitter.com/ElevateServices