Elevate’s client, a Global Energy and Petrochemicals Company, is in need of a patent paralegal/formalities officer whose primary responsibility will be filing of US & PCT patent applications, the maintenance of patent portfolios, and the registration thereof.
You might be the right person if you:
- Think legal services should embrace business models and processes to create measurable, cost-effective results.
- Embrace the use of technology tools to facilitate your work.
- Are knowledge-focused rather than task-focused; understand the importance of capturing and re-using information.
- Work well independently as well as with teams.
- Are looking to be a part of the next generation of legal services and influence the way these services are delivered, consumed, and measured.
Specifically you will:
- Work as a member of the Global US/EU Formalities Group.
- Be responsible for filing of US & PCT patent applications, maintenance of patent portfolios and registration.
- Draft prosecution documents, obtain inventor signatures for internal/USPTO documents, update patent actions in the patent docketing database, and store all documents in an electronic document management system.
- Provide support to US Patent Attorneys on the legal team.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 8 years' experience as a US patent formalities officer/paralegal in a corporate legal department or experience as a patent paralegal in a law firm.
- Experience with the Patent Management System: (CPA Global) Memotech version 5.10 is preferred.
- High level of comfort and experience using technology to perform daily tasks and duties in a legal setting.
- Bachelor's degree or paralegal certificate is required.
Elevate is the law company. We provide consulting, technology and services to law departments and law firms. Our global team of lawyers, engineers, consultants and business experts improve efficiency, quality and outcomes for customers worldwide. Elevate’s achievements and distinctions include:
- Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies two years in a row.
- Ranked as a top Global Services Provider by Chambers & Partners three years in a row.
- Lead Partner of the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards.
Learn more at https://elevateservices.com
See more jobs at https://elevateservices.jobs.net/
Follow us on social media at https://www.linkedin.com/company/elevate-services or https://twitter.com/ElevateServices