Elevate is searching for a lawyer with commercial contract and privacy expertise, to assist the group general counsel of an innovative insurance firm based in South East London.
You might be the right person if you have:
- Substantial experience of advising on data protection matters.
- Excellent legal research skills and familiarity with using legal research tools.
- A dynamic and driven individual with initiative and a 'can-do' attitude.
- Ability to draft agreements from scratch without heavy reliance on precedents.
- Ability to participate in meetings and negotiations in the course of which contracts and agreements are developed with customers/suppliers.
Specifically, you will:
- Act as the Group expert on data protection matters (including GDPR) with lead legal responsibility for ensuring compliance with existing and future data protection laws and guidance, including by:
- Advising on GDPR implementation, including by researching and advising on changes required to existing systems, internal and external policies and contracts.
- Proactively monitoring changes in data protection legislation and guidance and working with key internal stakeholders (including IT Security) to establish and embed data protection best-practice across the Group.
- Reviewing, updating and improving privacy notices, cookie statements, marketing and PR strategies and “big data” policies in a financial services and non-financial services context.
- Providing clear written and verbal advice, guidance and training on data protection issues as required.
- Reviewing, drafting and advising on general commercial agreements including non-disclosure, distribution and procurement (including IT), framework, outsourcing and other contracts relating to the sale and purchase of goods and services.
- Reviewing, updating and improving policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations (including the rules of the Financial Conduct Authority).
Skills for Success:
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines but at the same time keeping work and advice to a high standard.
- Ability to deliver legal advice to non-lawyers in a common-sense manner.
- Ability to work comfortably autonomously and also as part of a team.
- Law Degree
- 4-10 years post qualification experience.
Elevate is the law company. We provide consulting, technology and services to law departments and law firms. Our global team of lawyers, engineers, consultants and business experts improve efficiency, quality and outcomes for customers worldwide. Elevate’s achievements and distinctions include:
- Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies two years in a row.
- Ranked as a top Global Services Provider by Chambers & Partners three years in a row.
- Lead Partner of the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards.
Learn more at https://elevateservices.com
See more jobs at https://elevateservices.jobs.net/
Follow us on social media at https://www.linkedin.com/company/elevate-services or https://twitter.com/ElevateServices