Our Client, a Global Leader in Engineered Materials is looking for a Legal Operations Manager to work on their Legal Team. The Legal Operations Specialist will work closely with other Legal Operations Team members, internal stakeholders and external technical partners to understand and identify requirements, objectives, pain points and efficiency opportunities, to assist in the configuration, deployment and support of existing (and new) technologies and tools, to meet business needs, and to diagnose and resolve technical issues.
You might be the right person if you:
- Are passionate about improving the way legal services are delivered.
- Are eager to be part of the evolution of a fast growing law department.
- Have at least 5 years of legal and/or practice management experience.
- Have experience implementing law-related processes and tools.
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, growth oriented environment.
- Use innovation as a key tool for solving legal practice / management issues.
- Have the skills to successfully manage a variety of projects and matters at the same time.
- Are comfortable driving and managing change in a legal environment.
- Have the flexibility to stretch and span across a variety of activities at multiple levels of complexity (from high to low).
Specifically, you will:
- Provide technical support for existing and new legal applications and tools (e.g., CounselLink, legal department portal on SharePoint, CSC Entity Management).
- Responsible to evaluate, test, train, implement and support technology solutions throughout the department as organization as needed.
- Manage third party vendors including needs assessment, contract negotiations and on-going relationships.
- Manage third party legal operations service providers.
- Identify and troubleshoot issues; provide recommendation and resolution options to stakeholders.
- Collect, document, and prioritize user requirements.
- Train end users and onboard new users, as needed.
- Manage outside counsel legal invoicing/billing and spend management.
- Manage document retrieval and hold process for litigation, investigations and similar circumstances.
- Support policy and training archives and updating; development of master policy update and training calendars; scheduling training and maintaining logs.
- Assist CL&CO with preparing Board presentations, minutes, materials; governance documents.
- Draft policies and other legal and compliance documents using plain language.
- Document current state processes and systems.
- Collect data and run reports to assist in business decisions and improve process.
- Develop and implement process improvement plans based on data collected.
- Provide general administrative support to the Team including expense report processing, travel arrangements, calendar.
- Assist in document and presentation preparation, edit and review. Prepare travel requests and expense reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned, depending on Team and business priorities.
- Responsible for monthly review/audit of legal invoices and spend report to ensure within budget.
Skills for Success:
- Extremely organized and excellent at multitasking and keeping projects on track.
- Project management.
- Detail-oriented with a penchant for accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- High energy, engaging and outgoing.
- Understands how to build relationships.
- Team player who works well across the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Problem solver who is not deterred by obstacles. Must be capable of handling multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously.
- Embrace technology as a means to enable and automate business processes.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while working on multiple projects in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills.
- Positive, self-motivated, quick learner and innovative person.
- Meticulous attention to detail, especially in written materials.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong team player and customer service orientation
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel, MS Word and MS Outlook.
- Minimum 5-10 years’ directly applicable work experience in a similar role, including:
- Trade compliance experience.
- Worked in a corporate legal department or at a law firm.
- Project management experience.
- Determined requirements using interviews, business process descriptions, use cases, and scenarios.
- Reviewed design documentation to ensure business needs are met by the proposed solution.
- Translated technical issues to legal stakeholders.
- Prior experience as a liaison connecting technical teams to the appropriate end users.
- Developed user documentation and training materials and led user training.
- Proficient in using the MS Office suite, including Excel and Visio, to present complicated information.
- Knowledge of Legal Operations processes and technology.
- Proficient in using a project planning tool.
- Experience in managing third party vendors.
- Due diligence coordination and management.
- BA or BS degree. Master’s degree or JD a plus.
Elevate is the law company. We provide consulting, technology and services to law departments and law firms. Our global team of lawyers, engineers, consultants and business experts improve efficiency, quality and outcomes for customers worldwide. Elevate’s achievements and distinctions include:
- Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies two years in a row.
- Ranked as a top Global Services Provider by Chambers & Partners three years in a row.
- Lead Partner of the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards.
Learn more at https://elevateservices.com
See more jobs at https://elevateservices.jobs.net/
Follow us on social media at https://www.linkedin.com/company/elevate-services or https://twitter.com/ElevateServices