Elevate’s client is a major British multinational retailer and they are recruiting a Legal Operations Manager. The role supports the development and execution of the Legal departmental strategy, delivering operational key projects and leading projects with individual members of the Legal team. The Legal Operations Manager, in partnership with the other members of the Legal team, ensures engagement from the Legal department in the strategy and direction of the function, role modelling and acting in accordance with the companies guiding principles.
The Legal Operations Manager is responsible for:
- The annual operating plan and department budget.
- Leading vendor negotiations and reviews.
- Identifying and sourcing IT systems to enable delivery of the legal strategy and operation efficiencies.
- The creation and implementation of organisational structure and process improvements.
- The creation and enhancement of departmental websites, dashboards and other media.
- Providing reporting analysis and management information benchmarking, to support strategic activities and leadership decision making.
- Representing the legal function to key internal stakeholders such as finance, IT and procurement and working with these functions to deploy relevant best-in-class processes, tools and technology in the department.
You might be the right person if you have:
- A record of academic achievement and professional training and accomplishment in a corporate environment.
- Proven ability to deliver in a challenging and fast-paced legal ops environment.
- Demonstrable ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and responsibilities.
- An understanding of legal research methodologies and unquestioned discretion in handling confidential information, with a highly professional work ethic.
- A proactive, entrepreneurial approach to recognising needs, solving problems, anticipating issues and developing solutions.
- Excellent business judgement and strategic thinking.
- The ability to develop strong relationships and effectively manage a diverse range of stakeholders, across multiple functions both internally and externally as well as resolving issues.
Specifically, you will:
- Have responsibility and accountability for the Legal Operations function and strategy, serving as the single threaded owner of operations, delivery of results and engagement from the business in all activities.
- Be responsible for developing, refining and promoting the Legal Operations mission and executing the short and long term operations roadmap.
- Analyse external practices against company guidelines, providing recommendations for change to the Group Head of Legal as relevant trends are identified.
- Demonstrate effective change management skills and take a lead role in identifying and executing on critical business change management initiatives.
- Lead strategic improvement projects across the Legal department with a focus on standardising, improving and streamlining business processes; measuring and reporting on results and benefits to the leadership team.
- Own the annual Legal department budgeting process, working in partnership with corporate Finance on complex accruals and reserves as well as measuring performance against budget.
- Plan and manage business unit/department processes and practices to ensure that programs are aligned with the department strategy, goals and objectives.
Skills for Success:
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills; experience partnering with Finance, Legal, IT, procurement and other business units.
- Skills in sound judgement, problem-solving, critical thinking and interpersonal communication.
- Attention to detail with excellent time management and multitasking/prioritisation abilities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to identify pain points and develop effective solutions, using data analysis to drive decisions.
- Proficient in Project Management.
- Expert analytical skills.
- 5+ years of legal industry experience required, including at least 2 years of experience in legal operations.
- Experience implementing and managing legal technology solutions.
- Experience of Change Programmes within a retail organisation.
- Experience of budget management, analysis and development of financial management information.
- Project Management experience, ideally PRINCE2 qualified.
Elevate is the law company. We provide consulting, technology and services to law departments and law firms. Our global team of lawyers, engineers, consultants and business experts improve efficiency, quality and outcomes for customers worldwide. Elevate’s achievements and distinctions include:
- Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies two years in a row.
- Ranked as a top Global Services Provider by Chambers & Partners three years in a row.
- Lead Partner of the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards.
Learn more at https://elevateservices.com
See more jobs at https://elevateservices.jobs.net/
Follow us on social media at https://www.linkedin.com/company/elevate-services or https://twitter.com/ElevateServices