Elevate’s client, a Global Energy Company, is looking for an Intellectual Property Lawyer to work remotely and assist with worldwide patent prosecution under the guidance of the Associate General Counsel of IP Downstream on a 12-month IP project.
You Might be the Right Person If:
- You have extensive experience in patent prosecution, both in the US and internationally.
- You have proven ability to provide a range of IP legal advice.
- You have good experience of drafting and negotiating IP contracts.
- You have a proven track record of establishing strong relationships with senior management/executives.
- You are an independent self - starter, with excellent organisational skills and a strong ability to prioritise and plan effectively.
Specifically you will be responsible for:
- Worldwide patent prosecution for UK and US attorneys (Downstream IP - catalysts, lubricants, fuels and chemicals).
- Responsible for the day-to-day running of the patent portfolios – this includes handling all worldwide patent prosecution matters and liaising with the business to decide upon patent filing strategies, host IP Forums, handle queries from inventors, advisory/opinion work and drafting of new patent applications.
- Supervision and training of trainee patent attorney.
- Drafting patent applications –patent drafting, including management of the inventor disclosure process and review of pre-filing novelty searches.
- Occasional European patent oppositions and examination oral proceedings - prepare written submissions or simply provide advocacy by attending the hearing.
- Advisory work to support the business –for example: patentability/novelty opinions; freedom-of-action opinions; and invalidity opinions.
Skills for success:
- Experienced, pragmatic and confident practitioner.
- Effective communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Effective supplier management skills.
- Forward looking and innovative in how to deliver legal support.
Skills & Experience:
- Qualified lawyer with relevant post-qualification experience.
- UK legal qualification preferable but other jurisdictions will be considered.
- Excellent knowledge of UK, US, European and international IP systems.
Elevate is the law company. We provide consulting, technology and services to law departments and law firms. Our global team of lawyers, engineers, consultants and business experts improve efficiency, quality and outcomes for customers worldwide. Elevate’s achievements and distinctions include:
- Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies two years in a row.
- Ranked as a top Global Services Provider by Chambers & Partners three years in a row.
- Lead Partner of the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards.
Learn more at https://elevateservices.com
See more jobs at https://elevateservices.jobs.net/
Follow us on social media at https://www.linkedin.com/company/elevate-services or https://twitter.com/ElevateServices