Elevate’s customer, a Multinational Computer Software Company, is looking for a Contracts Negotiator to work at its offices for 8 months to provide legal review, negotiation and drafting tasks on a variety of matters.
Specifically you will be:
- Reviewing, drafting, editing and negotiating contractual terms and conditions with external customers.
- Serving as lead contact for all phases of the procurement contracting process.
- Understanding the appropriate use of standard forms and templates.
- Leading negotiations on behalf of internal business unit stakeholders who are licensing/creating intellectual property, including copyrights, trademarks and trade secrets and/or acquiring IT and Non-IT goods and services from external service providers.
- Advising internal clients and other stakeholders at all levels regarding contract terms and conditions, including, resolving complex contractual and business issues.
- Ensuring all contracts conform to applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and Company requirements.
- Consulting with assigned attorney regarding troublesome or unfamiliar contract.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
You might be the right person if you:
- Have a high level of professionalism; exceptional client services skills; handles sensitive/confidential information with appropriate care.
- Are well organized; consistently completes projects on-time with great attention to detail.
- Are eager to learn new things and apply knowledge to improve/simplify processes; eager to go the ‘extra mile.
- Successfully handle assignments with minimal supervision.
- Are able to prioritize well, work efficiently.
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant experience is required.
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced, highly varied working environment handling a broad range of legal issues.
Skills for Success:
- Clear understanding of the implications of legal decisions on the Company’s business objectives and the balance between business objectives and evaluating legal risks.
- Ability to identify and creatively solve issues while balancing legal and business concerns with little guidance and supervision by others.
- Ability to work independently to perform competent legal analysis for a matter or transaction and manage it through to completion.
- Active listening skills and ability to drive superior results by effectively channeling communications through a network of executives, senior managers, business partners, colleagues, and external contacts.
- Ability to value and promote cultural and other differences that people bring to the Company and consistently foster positive and respectful relationships internally and externally.
- Demonstrable skills with time management and willingness to escalate appropriately for prioritization assistance.
- Bachelor's degree and law degree, licensed and in good standing with the California State Bar.
Elevate is the law company. We provide consulting, technology and services to law departments and law firms. Our global team of lawyers, engineers, consultants and business experts improve efficiency, quality and outcomes for customers worldwide. Elevate’s achievements and distinctions include:
- Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies two years in a row.
- Ranked as a top Global Services Provider by Chambers & Partners three years in a row.
- Lead Partner of the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards.
Learn more at https://elevateservices.com
See more jobs at https://elevateservices.jobs.net/
Follow us on social media at https://www.linkedin.com/company/elevate-services or https://twitter.com/ElevateServices