Elevate’s Customer, a Leading Global Payments Company, is looking for Senior Legal Operations Manager to work full-time at its offices. The Business Affairs & Legal Operations team is seeking an experienced, highly engaged and dynamic Sr. Manager to join the team. The team provides Operations support to Legal, Corporate Affairs and HR, which all fall under the Business Affairs umbrella. This role will provide operations support to the Legal Department. This is a Legal Operations generalist role; however, a key part of this role will be managing the department’s IT portfolio. Therefore, experience evaluating, implementing and maintaining legal department technology solutions (e.g., contract management/self-service contracting, ebilling/matter management, document management, knowledge management, etc.) is required.
Specifically you will:
Tools and Technology
- Serve as owner of Legal Department’s technology portfolio (approx. 25 systems) and 3-year roadmap.
- Act as lead liaison and escalation point for work with corporate IT team dedicated to Legal.
- Act as project team participant along with the IT group for several technology projects, including reviewing/assessing potential new technology solutions, new system launches, system upgrades and product enhancements.
- For systems owned by Legal Operations, also serve as business system owner - manage the vendor selection, implementation, testing, global rollout and training for any new software and tools in this space.
- In close coordination with the corporate IT team, responsible for tracking the progress and performance of the Legal IT portfolio and making recommendations to management on the technology direction for the department.
- Assist with testing, training, implementation and adoption of technology solutions
- Identify opportunities to leverage technology solutions to resolve business issues.
- Assist with further build-out/enhancement of Legal Department’s internal and company-facing portals.
- Create self-help tools (dashboards, toolkits, on-demand trainings/FAQs, etc.) to support knowledge management throughout the function.
- Document existing policies, procedures and guidelines; develop one-stop shop for online resources and training and formulate education plan around such policies/processes.
- Help translate Business Affairs goals and priorities into strategic vision for Legal function.
- Assist with collection and assessment of benchmarks/metrics/KPIs.
- Ensure cross-functional alignment.
- Create and drive relationships with other key company functions, such as HR, IT, Finance and Real Estate/Facilities.
- Assist with management of department operations, such as HR processes, new hire onboarding, communications, memberships, training.
- Serve as a champion and change agent shaping the culture of the department.
- Assist with development, implementation and enhancement of department processes.
- Support the implementation/roll-out of Company programs and practices to the function, promoting key leadership messaging.
- Proactively seek ways to improve current processes to maximize productivity, workflow, and maximize department’s efficiency
- Provide support for special projects as requested.
- Support Sr. Director of Business Affairs & Legal Operations with various ad hoc projects.
You might be the right person if you have:
- High level of professionalism and emotional intelligence.
- Excellent written, communication, research, and presentation skills.
- Experience with fiscal and budget management and general project management in a technical environment; drafting business cases/ROI analyses.
- Strong project management skills - consistently completes projects on-time with great attention to detail.
- Strong working knowledge of, and hands-on practical experience with, technology tools and applications typically used in Legal department settings.
- A demonstrated understanding of how to develop, implement, and enhance processes.
- Eager to learn new things and apply knowledge to innovate, improve/simplify processes.
- Thrive in a global, fast-paced, and dynamic work environment.
- Ability to manage high job complexity and constant multi-tasking.
- Well organized, able to prioritize well, work efficiently.
- Show flexibility as workloads fluctuate.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and work effectively with global teams at all levels (including senior leadership) within a highly matrixed organization.
- A genuine interest and ability to connect with, build and maintain relationships with people at all levels and across organizational and geographic boundaries.
- Experience developing strategic or departmental planning materials that required consensus gathering from multiple constituents.
- Strong business partnering skills.
- An ownership mentality – see tasks through to completion.
- Go the extra step to proactively seek out answers to problems that may fall outside your area of expertise.
- 7-10 years prior relevant experience.
- Experience working with large, geographically dispersed team preferred.
- Experience in project management; leading large-scale projects/programs, preferably in a Legal department or firm; understanding of full project lifecycle management.
- Strong technical skills; proficient in all Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Project; familiarity with Legal technology (CMS, DMS, eBilling/Matter Management, Sharepoint, etc).
- Working knowledge of corporate finance/budgeting practices
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) with a focus in Business or Technology preferred.
Elevate is the law company. We provide consulting, technology and services to law departments and law firms. Our global team of lawyers, engineers, consultants and business experts improve efficiency, quality and outcomes for customers worldwide. Elevate’s achievements and distinctions include:
- Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies two years in a row.
- Ranked as a top Global Services Provider by Chambers & Partners three years in a row.
- Lead Partner of the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards.
Learn more at https://elevateservices.com
See more jobs at https://elevateservices.jobs.net/
Follow us on social media at https://www.linkedin.com/company/elevate-services or https://twitter.com/ElevateServices