Help us shape the future. Elevate is changing the way legal support services are delivered and we are looking for creative, innovative people who can help.
Elevate is currently hiring a Lead Full Stack Engineer in our San Jose, CA office. This is a great opportunity for you to join a high performing team of technologists to scale out a core platform services powered to support our Product suite. As Engineer, you will design, develop, test and debug large scale complex core platform services using cloud and big data technologies. This role will involve working closely with the Architects, Product Managers & Executives.
Skills for Success
- Experience with designing & building large scale web systems.
- Experience in building production quality, business critical systems.
- Web server-side (LAMP, Java), client-side (frontend) technologies and database, SQL knowledge.
- Familiarity with DNS, Load balancing and database replication technologies.
- API and web-service (REST, SOAP) design, coding and implementation.
- Knowledge of design patterns and best practices in software engineering.
- Knowledge of development tools (Git, Confluence/Jira/Wiki).
- Strong sense of ownership and passion for technology.
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical teams.
- Excellent written communication, documentation, and collaboration skills.
- Develop web applications and tools for the effective management and operation of core platform services.
- Analyze and improve stability, efficiency, and scalability of the platform.
- Work closely with Architects, lead engineers and business on product design and features.
- Mentor and coach junior engineers on various design and development aspects of big data platform.
- Prototype ideas quickly using cutting edge technologies.
- Prototype UI quickly from abstract ideas.
You Might be the Right Person If...
- Are passionate about technology and keeping the systems and your knowledge updated.
- Are eager to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment for a quickly growing company.
- Want to work in a Product Development group of a leading product in Legal technology space.
- Are looking for high visibility and unlimited growth potential.
- Have strong troubleshooting skills and a penchant for technology.
Specifically You Will...
- Confirm project requirements by reviewing Product objective, input data, and output requirements with Engineering Manager, Product Manager and client.
- Prioritize project requirements in programming sequence within full SDLC in Agile Scrum method.
- Collaborate with Product Management to understand the acceptance criteria and with QA to do test driven development.
- Create solutions architecture, algorithms, and designs for solutions that scale to the customers enterprise/global requirements.
- Do elegant programming which should be solving the Problem and has decent Performance, Succinct, simple and easy to understand, Modular, reusable and maintainable.
- Use coding standards and guidelines and standardize the code with effective use of advanced algorithms, design patterns and development frameworks.
- Do the required unit testing and effectively monitor quality throughout implementation.
- Develop a thorough and deep understanding of the Product Business Logic up to the SME level and demonstrate confidence in all client interactions related to Product Features.
- Engage sophisticated global customers in deep technical discussions, making them confident that you know their problem better than they do.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, continue education by reading articles, publications and attending user groups.
- Excellent knowledge of programming languages, Java, LAMP etc.
- Experience in developing high performance, scalable and highly available web services using Microservices, AWS etc.
- Good understanding of web services and SOA related standards like REST/OAuth/JSON and SOAP/WSDL.
- Experience of developing scalable web applications using Node.js,Express, React/Angular.
- Experience with Prototype framework.
- Knowledge and experience working with various data sources like web services (rest, soap), unstructured data files, flat files, message queues, xml based events, databases.
- Experience with Unix/ Linux and shell scripting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven track record on delivering results, especially in the area of writing high-performance, reliable and maintainable code.
- Ability to adapt to new development environments, changing business requirements and learning new systems highly desired.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and be able to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong technical vision, presentation and technology leadership skills.
- Ability to coach and mentor fellow team members.
- minimum of 5+ years of directly related work experience.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent in computer science or related field.
Elevate is the law company. We provide consulting, technology and services to law departments and law firms. Our global team of lawyers, engineers, consultants and business experts improve efficiency, quality and outcomes for customers worldwide. Elevate’s achievements and distinctions include:
Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies two years in a row.
Ranked as a top Global Services Provider by Chambers & Partners three years in a row.
Lead Partner of the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards.
At Elevate we live our core values:
We Deliver. We are careful about the commitments we make to our customers and each other. We do what we say we will.
We Innovate. We celebrate creativity. We challenge the status quo and continuously ask ourselves, and each other how can we improve.
We Care. We listen to our customers’ needs and help them solve their business problems. Our work is a positive influence on our personal lives and the lives of our families.