Help us shape the future. Elevate is changing the way legal support services are delivered and we are looking for creative, innovative people who can help. If you are a client-focused professional who wants your ideas to make a difference, Elevate's team of highly regarded legal service experts could be the right fit for you.
Elevate is a next generation global legal service provider that ranked 53rd on the Inc. 5000 in 2016, a prestigious annual ranking of the fastest growing private companies. We help law firms and corporate legal departments with practical ways to improve efficiency, quality and outcomes.
At Elevate we live our core values.
We deliver - We are careful about the commitments we make to our customers and to each other. We do what we say we will.
We Innovate - We celebrate creativity. We challenge the status quo and continuously ask of ourselves, and each other how can we improve.
We care - We listen to our customers’ needs and help them solve their business problems. Our work is a positive influence on our personal lives and the lives of our families.
Elevate’s client is a Global Top-Tier bank. They require a Legal Counsel to support their Commercial Banking team.
The role of the Legal Counsel is to provide legal advice, guidance and support to the UK Bank’s Commercial Banking business to ensure that the Group’s exposure to legal risk is managed.
You Might be the Right Person If:
- You possess both spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered.
- You have a track record of making business decisions with authority, even in times of ambiguity, considering the potential long term risks and implications.
- You have an understanding of risk management and proven experience of ensuring own/others' compliance with relevant regulatory processes.
Specifically you will:
- Provide counsel and legal support on commercial banking transactions and projects with a particular focus on Large Corporate lending matters that are complex and/or will have a strategic impact.
- Provide support and guidance to the commercial banking business with regard to legal risks arising in all areas of the business but with particular emphasis on providing other lawyers in the Large Corporate & LMU Team with legal support to manage legal risks on the implementation of complex strategic projects such as ring-fencing, the Bank’s legal entity rationalization programme, Brexit planning and similar projects.
- Tracking and horizon scanning for legal developments which may affect the commercial banking business and working with other functions, such as compliance, to effectively track the impact of these.
Skills for success:
- Good commercial acumen and can therefore give practical rather than purely legalistic advice, whilst still taking the law into account.
- Can hit the ground running, handle their own case load and therefore does not need to be micro managed.
- A hard worker who is a team player but is also happy to work alone.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. Law firm and/or a major financial institution.
- Role relevant qualifications, i.e.UK qualified lawyer.
- Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. A track record of delivering significant change which improves business effectiveness in sustainable ways.