Elevate is looking for an enthusiastic individual who is self-motivated and enjoys working in a busy environment. You must be personable and be able to communicate with individuals at all levels within the Elevate organisation. A “can-do” attitude is essential, as is the ability self-motivate and multi-task.
The role requires you are a resourceful self-starter who is adaptable and able to manage your workload effectively and efficiently.
It is strongly preferred that you bring the following experience and abilities to the role:
- You will have a minimum of 6 years’ experience as a recruiter in the legal industry, ideally interim (but not essential) gained in a recruitment agency, on-site or in-house recruitment function.
- You will come with a proven track record of working successfully within a target driven environment (individual and team targets) and demonstrate the ability to be a real team player.
- We need an individual with excellent IT skills, (Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint) and excellent attention to detail. Experience of working on a recruitment or CRM database (such as Bullhorn) is highly desired.
Competencies and Attributes
- A work ethic that is underpinned by forming close, trusted relationships with candidates based on integrity and doing the right thing
- A true team player with an approachable, down-to-earth and resilient personality with strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
- A self-confident, proactive and organised self-starter with high energy and motivation.
- Able to manage expectations and strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with the knowledge and gravitas to influence, engage and negotiate.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- An ability to work in a busy environment with conflicting demands and can work effectively under pressure to meet challenging deadlines.
- An ability to work well as a member of a team, to collaborate and share knowledge.
- Proven ability to operate autonomously coupled with sound judgement on when to escalate, seek advice and/or advise management of issues or developments.
Role Overview & Purpose
This role will have overall responsibility for the incoming recruitment process and support the on-going deployment of our Elevated lawyers.
You will work closely with and temporarily report into the Head of Client Engagement to own and manage a range of duties.
This role requires a senior and experienced individual to own the overall recruitment strategy of the Elevated Lawyers flexible lawyer team. The individual must demonstrate a proven proactive approach to creating, running and managing recruitment processes.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to make a significant difference in a growing company.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Ensure the smooth operation of the recruitment and on-boarding process with each candidate from pre-screen through to offer stage, follow process and manage relevant documentation
- Maintain ongoing relationships with current lawyer team and manage the consultant engagement programme – conducting the meetings and following up as appropriate
- Engage in direct hiring wherever possible using referrals, adverts and headhunting as main sources
- Assess the suitability of incoming and existing lawyers for roles, match skills and availability to the requirements for deployment
- Brief lawyers on opportunities with our clients, ensure their CVs are prepared and assisting with lawyer/client deployment
- Ensure various recruitment enablers are being used effectively e.g. LinkedIn Recruiter - adverts are drafted, posted and renewed and other media, producing overall report on performance and ROI
- Work closely with the Elevate legal team to negotiate lawyer contracts
- Create recruitment/resourcing reports for analysis, monitor progress vs. targets on recruitment/placement performance and track lawyer placements for redeployment
- Maintain relationships with key agencies where necessary, set T&Cs, provide instructions and manage performance
Elevate is the law company. We provide consulting, technology and services to law departments and law firms. Our global team of lawyers, engineers, consultants and business experts improve efficiency, quality and outcomes for customers worldwide. Elevate’s achievements and distinctions include:
- Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies two years in a row.
- Ranked as a top Global Services Provider by Chambers & Partners three years in a row.
- Lead Partner of the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards.