Elevate's Customer, an American International Investment Bank, is looking for an experienced lawyer to advise on and negotiate corporate contracts for a new business platform within the Wealth Management (WM) Legal and Compliance Division. The business platform provides a software as a service (SaaS) for equity plan administration, financial reporting and compliance to 3,000 corporate clients globally, including Fortune 500 companies and fast-growing, privately-held and venture-backed companies. It is part of a broader business unit that provides a suite of workplace financial solutions.
This full-time position will be for a term of six months and is located at the firm’s Purchase, New York office. At the end of the term, there may be an opportunity to convert to a permanent position. The lawyer will be part of a team of lawyers who support the business. The lawyer will have significant interaction with business personnel and will work closely with the other lawyers on the legal coverage team. The lawyer will also be a member of a broader group of advisory lawyers servicing the sale and distribution of the Company's products and services, as well as coordinating with lawyers covering Compliance and Risk for the business.
The primary role of this lawyer will be to support the life-cycle of business contracts related to the Company's flagship stock plan administration product, driving contracts to completion that meet the legal, compliance and risk requirements of the business. This involves careful review, excellent drafting and successful negotiation. The lawyer may also work with our business and legal teams on other legal, compliance and risk matters involving the business.
Skills for Success:
- Excellent contract negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly digest complex information and make good, informed decisions.
- Professional maturity, confidence, presence and initiative.
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong management and administrative skills.
Specifically you will:
- Work with existing contract templates to review and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements, including US, Canadian, and European SaaS customer agreements, technology license agreements, NDAs, and partner agreements.
- Provide support to management and advise the business unit on issues related to contract interpretation.
- Work with colleagues to continuously improve contract templates as well as implementation and adherence to best practices.
- A minimum of five (5) years relevant experience with a top-quality law firm or similar in-house experience.
- Experience with complex commercial and technology contracts.
- Familiarity with financial services, IP law, GDPR, U.S securities laws and SEC and FINRA rules.
- Technology, financial services and in-house experience are preferred.
- Experience managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school and admission to a U.S. state bar.
Elevate is the law company. We provide consulting, technology and services to law departments and law firms. Our global team of lawyers, engineers, consultants and business experts improve efficiency, quality and outcomes for customers worldwide. Elevate’s achievements and distinctions include:
- Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies two years in a row.
- Ranked as a top Global Services Provider by Chambers & Partners three years in a row.
- Lead Partner of the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards.
Learn more at https://elevateservices.com
See more jobs at https://elevateservices.eightfold.ai/careers
Follow us on social media at