Elevate’s Customer, a Leading Private Research University, is looking for a Labor and Employment Attorney to work onsite in their Los Angeles Campus office for 6 to 8 months. The right candidate will also have litigation experience in the Labor and Employment field.
The university is comprised of twenty-one different schools and academic units that serve more than 45,000 undergraduate and graduate students. You will be a part of a world-class research university and a member of the “Trojan Family,” which is comprised of the faculty, students and staff that make the university what it is.
This position serves as a critical member of the Office of the General Counsel's labor and employment team. In collaboration with business leaders, this position will be responsible for handing a variety of labor and employment matters at the university and it's hospitals. This position reports directly to the Associate General Counsel, Employment and Labor.
You might be the right person if you...
- Have knowledge and experience in Labor Employment Law.
- Have litigated Labor and Employment cases in the health care industry.
- Are self-motivated and commit to completion of tasks as efficiently as possible.
- Have demonstrated a high level of initiative, analytical skills, and impeccable integrity.
- Have the ability to exercise sound judgment and perspective.
Specifically, you will:
- Proactively advise senior management on compliance with employment laws in a manner that accomplishes business objectives without undue risk.
- Provide legal advice with regard to both faculty and staff in the labor and employment areas, including wage and hour issues, and supervise outside counsel as needed.
- Oversee and review the internal and external investigations of complaints concerning violations of university policies, employment laws, and regulations, including those regarding discrimination and harassment.
- Draft, review, analyze, and negotiate employment-related agreements, including settlement, consulting, incentive, non-compete, and confidentiality agreements.
- Establish a rapport and working relationship with employees at all levels in order to act as a trusted advisor and encourage the proactive use of in-house legal counsel as a preventative measure for employment law issues.
- Advise and manage employment matters at the pre-litigation stage and, from time to time, through litigation.
- Periodically advise as to a variety of labor related legal matters, including, but not limited to: interpretation of collective bargaining agreements, union organizing campaigns, and grievances.
- Collaborate with human resources and other senior management to review and develop university personnel policies.
- 7+ years of experience with Labor and Employment practice, prior in-house and health care labor experience is strongly preferred.
- Litigation of Labor and Employment law cases.
- J.D. Required.
- Admission to practice law in California.
Elevate is the law company. We provide consulting, technology and services to law departments and law firms. Our global team of lawyers, engineers, consultants and business experts improve efficiency, quality and outcomes for customers worldwide. Elevate’s achievements and distinctions include:
- Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies two years in a row.
- Ranked as a top Global Services Provider by Chambers & Partners three years in a row.
- Lead Partner of the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards.
Learn more at https://elevateservices.com
See more jobs at https://elevateservices.eightfold.ai/careers
Follow us on social media