Elevate is recruiting for a European Employment Counsel ideally with 5+ years PQE to work for a Multinational company for 6 months, based in Guildford with some remote working possible. The role is a full-time position for a confident lawyer who can work independently with skill and understanding of European employment issues.
The successful candidate will be a qualified lawyer with experience in employment law advisory and litigation, gained either in private practice or a large multinational organisation.
The role will offer a degree of flexibility once the right candidate has found their feet, with remote working for part of the week being a viable option.
You might be the right person if you:
- Have significant UK employment counselling experience.
- Have experience dealing with EU employment.
- Advising on a broad range of matters, including terminations, small scale restructuring, employee disciplining, misconduct, data privacy exposure, recruiting and general employee management.
- To manage and advise on material employment risks in UK and EU.
- Drafting and reviewing key employment documentation such as contracts and policies.
- Reviewing and monitoring employment law developments in areas of coverage including regulatory risk and new parental policies.
- Act as primary employment counsel for operations in the UK, Ireland, Switzerland, Italy, Netherlands and India.
- Liaise with external employment counsel where necessary to manage litigation or obtain advice on specific issues in the above territories.
Other skills and experience:
- Manage the cost and quality of external counsel to make sure they are in line with the internal controls.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and able to establish effective relationships with all levels of management.
- High integrity, well-organized, and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Coordinating with other relevant groups throughout the firm, including Legal, Tax and Compliance, ensuring that high standards are incorporated into the handling of all personnel matters.
- Managing a caseload involving individual litigation and settlements.
- Provide general legal advice in relation to employment issues and offer legal monitoring.
- Assisting and advising the HR team.
- Advising on the practical impact of regulatory reform.
- Qualified lawyer with a minimum of five plus years’ experience in employment law advisory and litigation.
- A full range of English employment law experience including unfair dismissal, handling redundancies, TUPE outsourcing and M&A TUPE and ideally having worked in house before and had experience of instructing external private practice lawyers.
Elevate is the law company. We provide consulting, technology and services to law departments and law firms. Our global team of lawyers, engineers, consultants and business experts improve efficiency, quality and outcomes for customers worldwide. Elevate’s achievements and distinctions include:
- Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies two years in a row.
- Ranked as a top Global Services Provider by Chambers & Partners three years in a row.
- Lead Partner of the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards.