Help us shape the future. Elevate is changing the way legal support services are delivered and we are looking for creative, innovative people who can help. If you are a client-focused, Managing Director-level management consultant/ strategic change professional who wants your ideas to make a difference, Elevate's team of highly regarded legal service experts could be the right fit for you.
Elevate is a next generation global legal service provider that ranked 53rd on the Inc. 500 in 2016, a prestigious annual ranking of the fastest-growing private companies. We help law firms and corporate legal departments with practical ways to improve efficiency, quality and outcomes.
At Elevate we live our core values.
- We deliver - We are careful about the commitments we make to our customers and to each other. We do what we say we will.
- We Innovate - We celebrate creativity. We challenge the status quo and continuously ask ourselves, and each other how can we improve.
- We care - We listen to our customers’ needs and help them solve their business problems. Our work is a positive influence on our personal lives and the lives of our families.
The legal industry is changing and Elevate’s Management Consulting Group are already some of the most respected leaders in the sector delivering first class strategic advice in support of our client’s goals. As Elevate expands, we are looking to hire an experienced Managing Director to head our US Consulting Group with excellent strategy and change leadership experience and skills.
As a Managing Director of Consulting at Elevate, you will oversee the overall consulting practice in the US as well as specifically lead the most strategic client engagements for Fortune 500 law departments and Am Law 100 law firms. You will manage the overall US consulting practice, ensuring there is an effective sales pipeline, a highly utilized and high-performing team and delighted clients who choose Elevate as their consulting partner of choice in the legal sector. As such you will be highly commercial with solid experience in leading strategic change in a highly demanding professional services sector with at least part of your most recent experience in legal. You will possess exceptional team and stakeholder management skills.
You will be influencing law firm management partners, general counsel and legal chief operating officers. As part of a young and growing business, you will have the opportunity to influence the strategic direction of our Consulting practice and quickly grow and expand our consulting organization.
You might be the right person if:
- You are interested in joining and growing our highly-regarded consulting practice with the ability to take a leadership role in the company and in the legal industry more broadly.
- You have led the delivery of major strategic change in legal departments or law firms with deep experience in operational strategy, process re-engineering, alternative sourcing models and technology enabled change.
- You have a robust foundational training in consulting techniques, whether gained at a major consulting firm or leading an in-house change team.
- You enjoy a culture of rapid change.
- You will be willing to travel for client assignments.
- You will enjoy working in a fast-moving company and can form strong relationships with colleagues of all levels all around the world.
- You have been accountable for selling management consulting services or acting as internal lead for originating major transformation projects.
Specifically, you will be:
- Responsible for oversight of all delivery of legal process improvement strategies to Fortune 500 corporate law departments and Am Law 100 law firms. This will include leading projects personally with our largest clients.
- Helping the leadership teams in legal departments and law firms to originate change projects often as part of the sales process.
- Originating your own consulting sales and sell-on of consulting services as well as participating as a member of the sales team to support the growth of Elevate’s overall revenues. As such you will need to fully understand all Elevate’s service offerings and when to introduce relevant solutions leaders as opportunities arise.
- Working as an ambassador for the company at all times.
- Speaking at events and writing articles to cement your reputation as a thought leader.
- Over time, managing a team of up to 25 consultants in your region.
- 15+ years relevant experience, with at least 3 years’ experience leading a consulting practice or major internal change function in a law firm or legal department.
- Prior consulting experience with a major consulting firm a plus or equivalent training in-house.
- Have autonomously led major programs of work.
- Will have a strong knowledge of all core legal practice areas within a law firm/ legal department and the different drivers for change, technologies and efficiencies opportunities in each.
- Process re-engineering experience.
- Business case development experience.
- Managed a team of consultants or internal change teams, ensuring high utilization and successful client outcomes.
Skills for Success:
- Strong communicator, personable and collaborative.
- Comfortable working autonomously often in highly ambiguous environments but knows when to escalate.
- Demonstrable leadership skills in demanding corporate environments.
- Team player and natural networker.
- Reliable, meets deadlines and anticipates problems.
- Takes personal ownership of self-improvement.
- Exceptional Excel and Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience in process mapping.
- Project management.
- Experience with common law firm and legal department technologies.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- MBA or JD preferred but not required.