As a Compliance Associate - (Portuguese Speaker), you will work with our clients to identify potential instances of market abuse, misconduct and/or regulatory violations by reviewing pre-selected e-Communications and escalating for further review where necessary. As part of our rapidly expanding business, this role offers the opportunity to develop a career in Compliance, focusing primarily on trading and sales activity within financial institutions.
You Might be the Right Person If You...
- Have strong analytical skills with the ability to manipulate raw data into meaningful insights
- Are able to spot trends or anomalies in data without a checklist or without being told what to look for
- Have excellent focus and high level of attention to detail
- Are passionate about delivering excellent quality and service to our clients
- Are a team player who works well within a collaborative environment
Specifically You Will Be...
- Screen electronic communications quickly and effectively using client-developed guidelines on market abuse
- Identify and escalate potential instances of market abuse.
- Act as point of contact for all translations and specialist language reviews.
- Participate in the 2nd line review of cases that may potentially be escalated to the client
- Participate in the internal Quality Assurance process
- Liaise with client teams on escalated cases, as necessary
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Experience with any Compliance / Surveillance software will be an added advantage
- Experience working as a translator or interpreter.
- Prior experience or interest in regulatory compliance and investment banking is a plus.
- Experience or strong interest in eCommunications, trade surveillance, market abuse or compliance in a financial services firm.
- Experience working in a high volume environment, preferably focusing on targeted monitoring or quality assurance using specialist language skills on a daily basis.
- Fluent in Portuguese and English.
- Degree in Economics, Business, Law preferred
- Series 7 or equivalent industry qualification preferred.
Elevate is the law company. We provide consulting, technology and services to law departments and law firms. Our global team of lawyers, engineers, consultants and business experts improve efficiency, quality and outcomes for customers worldwide. Elevate’s achievements and distinctions include:
- Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies two years in a row.
- Ranked as a top Global Services Provider by Chambers & Partners three years in a row.
- Lead Partner of the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards.
Learn more at https://elevateservices.com
See more jobs at https://elevateservices.eightfold.ai/careers
Follow us on social media: